How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I didn't expect eggs this year from my May Blue Swedish ducks, as everyone said they'd probably not lay until spring. But they started laying about a month ago. And then this week there were two shell-less eggs which indicated that two more were coming online. So I have eight hens (and two drakes--my most fortuitous straight run), and I've been getting between two and five eggs/day. Amazing!

Last edited:
I didn't expect eggs this year from my May Blue Swedish ducks, as everyone said they'd probably not lay until spring. But they started laying about a month ago. And then this week there were two shell-less eggs which indicated that two more were coming online. So I have eight hens (and two drakes--my most fortuitous straight run), and I've been getting between two and five eggs/day. Amazing!
You lucky thing ! What are you doing with your eggs ?

One today from one of my bufflings. There are 6 yet to start and the other 7 have no excuse apart from a couple of them are on the back end of the dreaded molt.

Girls need to pick up their game !
I have 2 cochin bantams that have been giving me 1 egg a day each for a week. 1 more cochin bantam that has yet to start (I'm figuring any day now) My 2 oldest (2 weeks older than the bantys), a black sex link laid egg #1 on Monday, none yesterday And a lavender orpington who I thought would be first because she was doing the dance and was getting red in the waddle/comb a month ago has given me nothing. Not to mention her comb and waddle are now pale pink again. I don't expect anything from the youngest (about a month younger than the bantys) until Thanksgiving. (Can you tell I was playing chicken math a couple months ago 🤣)

Back
Top Bottom