How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I have a silver (lavender?) orpington that just started laying last week. Cute little pale brown eggs. For such a hefty hen, she lays some tiny eggs. Just last Wednesday I got 5 ISA browns, and MAN I forgot what great layers they are. While my orp sometimes misses a day, I always get one a day from the other 5. I also have 5 juvenile hens - what's supposed to be 2 marans, though they don't look anything alike - one is speckled with light feet, and the other almost looks like a raven (that's in fact her name); 2 buff orps, but they look more like the ISA's than orps, and one white and black one with feathered feet. She was supposed to be an Americauna, but I'm not sure if that's what she is.
Don't worry, your eggs will grow in size as your hen starts laying more! My hens all laid itty bitty little eggs, which started growing bigger and bigger as time went on. Now I'm getting lots of double-yolkers!!

3, I have some new layers, one is laying consistently in the afternoon:idunno I never had and afternoon layer.
Last week i saw Katharina Duck running into the duck house one afternoon and she had that same look that one has when it is really, really urgent… Five minutes later she came back out, looking relaxed, grabbed some pellets on her way, ripped off some grass, gulped it all down with some moonshwater and continued her duck routine. I looked into the duck house and found a huge greenish egg in one of the nest boxes. Got nine eggs in the morning, her afternoon egg was number ten on that day.
Afternoon lays just happen…

Back
Top Bottom