How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

If you can trickle a little water (if the pipes aren't already froze shut) they won't freeze I live where it freezes almost every year and this works.
Unfortunately the outside faucet froze this morning while it was only 32. So I can't trickle then. The baby ducks are warm in the kitchen and raising zoomie hell

Unfortunately the outside faucet froze this morning while it was only 32. So I can't trickle then. The baby ducks are warm in the kitchen and raising zoomie hell
I used a gas torch to thaw the bronze valve at the end of my garden hose this morning then opened it fully, straightened the hose and walked up and down on it so that the water could come through. At first only a trickle, but in the end i could blast all the ice out of the hose, then drained it for tonight and tomorrow.
Don't you have a gas torch? If the copper line freezes, it will rupture and may flood your basement. At least put an old pillow over the faucet so that the escaping warmth from the house will thaw it overnight! That's what we did during frosty nights in Houston.

I used a gas torch to thaw the bronze valve at the end of my garden hose this morning then opened it fully, straightened the hose and walked up and down on it so that the water could come through. At first only a trickle, but in the end i could blast all the ice out of the hose, then drained it for tonight and tomorrow.
Don't you have a gas torch? If the copper line freezes, it will rupture and may flood your basement. At least put an old pillow over the faucet so that the escaping warmth from the house will thaw it overnight! That's what we did during frosty nights in Houston.
No basements here and no water at all, until it gets light enough b to try to get the well generator to start. I'm sure by then the well will be frozen. And I will be days without water

Back
Top Bottom