How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Well I’ll add to this this thread!

Yesterday our horribly Cold weather (2 weeks of -25C to -45C) finally broke & we had our first -4C day. I let the ducks out filled their pool, gave them treats & had my yearly Spribg time Talk with them. It basically consists of telling them that I spend quite a bit on them to keep them warm & fed through the cold winter & any day they could repay me again.

Some one seemed to be listening as I went out this morning & found this...

6347398A-775D-49BB-91F9-BB43F4AF2700.jpeg

Pretty sure it my WH. She was giving me eye contact as I rattled on yestetday plus she tends to lay the tall eggs.

Spring is here & I’m excited to get started on incubating my flocks eggs.

Ok, shop is open!

Got one more egg today and it came from one of the Blues!

So, October's batch of eight are producing eggs and I now have four eggs for Sunday breakfast!

Good times!

Side note; one duck has a limp so I have been generous with the pellets and oats so they don't have to walk around as much to feed.
That limp may have nothing to do with "walking around much", but a lot with your drake(s). Spring time is limping duck time. 😖

Well I’ll add to this this thread!

Yesterday our horribly Cold weather (2 weeks of -25C to -45C) finally broke & we had our first -4C day. I let the ducks out filled their pool, gave them treats & had my yearly Spribg time Talk with them. It basically consists of telling them that I spend quite a bit on them to keep them warm & fed through the cold winter & any day they could repay me again.

Some one seemed to be listening as I went out this morning & found this...

View attachment 2539513

Pretty sure it my WH. She was giving me eye contact as I rattled on yestetday plus she tends to lay the tall eggs.

Spring is here & I’m excited to get started on incubating my flocks eggs.
I just wrote in the Quack-Shack, my ducks predict that Spring sprung today and they were more than correct in September last year with their prediction of a harsh winter:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-quack-shack.1312910/post-24041245

Thats almost as good as putting 2 eggs in your coat pocket, feeding the girls then hopping in the car to goto work. Getting there, being told, meeting in a few minutes, goto meeting, get hot, take OFF jacket and put it on seat and lean back on it. About 5 minutes later, what the HELL is that leaking out of your jacket Aaron, all over the carpet and onto my purse? Uhh, ummm, yaaahhhh, ahhh, well.....

TBH Im surprised the seat belt didn't take them out.

Aaron
Ba hahaha that's a great story! GLAD to hear I'm not the only one, my car key fob was in there too but I washed it off and it still works to my amazement. It's such a mess to clean out of material , feels like a glob of SNOT!!

Back
Top Bottom