How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Woohoo!!! First time ever getting 4 in one day! Everybody is laying now :D

Attachments

• 20210307_104352.jpg
    20210307_104352.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 1
It has been weeks now and still no duck eggs from my 8 females. Weird that after months of not laying, they laid 2 a day for a few weeks then stopped again.
Watched some role reversal this morning. 4 of the females were surrounding one of the drakes, KitKat, clacking romantically at him. He just kept walking away. Maybe he is also waiting for them to start laying again.

One from Matilda, one from Puddles as per usual, both in a shared nest.

I witnessed a funny moment today. The Scovettes and the Rouens tend to mostly stay apart these days, although Daphne still socializes some with her old buddies.

Each group has its own food and water bowl. The twice daily routine has been to feed them separately, then watch as Puddles leads a raid on the ‘Scovy bowl. It’s essentially become a game for everyone, with the Scovettes playing a good defense, and the Rouens trying to find a way around that defense. As there’s enough food for everyone, there’s no real animosity.

Anyways, I was feeding everyone their nighttime mealworms in their water this evening, watching the Rouens act like they’ve never ever been fed before. They were so focused on the mealies that they didn’t notice the Scovettes sneaking over from the other side of the barn. My white Muscovy hen looked over at her sister, then rushed up and chest-bumped Matilda right into the water bowl!

Of course, both Scovettes found it to be hilarious and had a good hearty laugh and tail wag. Daphne had a word or two to say about the incident, but Matilda just shook the water off and kept eating.

I have some in the incubator, I might add some more since there is still room. If I find anyone that wants to try incubating any in my area I’ll happily sell them some, other wise I will probably eat them or sell them for eating.
Duck eggs are yummy! - Not as yummy as dux-eggs, but still yummy!

One from Matilda, one from Puddles as per usual, both in a shared nest.

I witnessed a funny moment today. The Scovettes and the Rouens tend to mostly stay apart these days, although Daphne still socializes some with her old buddies.

Each group has its own food and water bowl. The twice daily routine has been to feed them separately, then watch as Puddles leads a raid on the ‘Scovy bowl. It’s essentially become a game for everyone, with the Scovettes playing a good defense, and the Rouens trying to find a way around that defense. As there’s enough food for everyone, there’s no real animosity.

Anyways, I was feeding everyone their nighttime mealworms in their water this evening, watching the Rouens act like they’ve never ever been fed before. They were so focused on the mealies that they didn’t notice the Scovettes sneaking over from the other side of the barn. My white Muscovy hen looked over at her sister, then rushed up and chest-bumped Matilda right into the water bowl!

Of course, both Scovettes found it to be hilarious and had a good hearty laugh and tail wag. Daphne had a word or two to say about the incident, but Matilda just shook the water off and kept eating.
That is truly funny! I can picture the scovies wagging their tails in joy!

Back
Top Bottom