How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I got one who is probably pushing 5 years. She was doing really well, until this last winter, when she took a break with the other girls. Now the rest of them are back to laying, her, umm no.

Im hoping she comes around in the next few weeks here now that spring is in full run, weather is warmer, etc, and has not decided to just say, 'im done'

she will live out her natural life, I will not kill a bird because it stopped producing, and she's way too old to be tasty on a plate but still it'd be nice if you got something out of them besides attitude in the morning and garden fertilizer :)

Aaron

I got one who is probably pushing 5 years. She was doing really well, until this last winter, when she took a break with the other girls. Now the rest of them are back to laying, her, umm no.

Im hoping she comes around in the next few weeks here now that spring is in full run, weather is warmer, etc, and has not decided to just say, 'im done'

she will live out her natural life, I will not kill a bird because it stopped producing, and she's way too old to be tasty on a plate but still it'd be nice if you got something out of them besides attitude in the morning and garden fertilizer :)

Aaron
It’s nice to read about others with mature ducks! I have one that just turned 6. She has always had laying “difficulties”, but even she contributed a bit last summer. I’m not expecting much this year (just garden fertilizer + attitude is fine). I’d rather she not lay than die trying!

rouen or khaki egg? one of my two girls started laying again this morning and trying to figure out who it is

i don’t eat the eggs. just wondering who’s laying again so i can make sure she stays healthy.

Attachments

• 94393658-FBFF-4E69-AB71-4971650447BC.jpeg
    94393658-FBFF-4E69-AB71-4971650447BC.jpeg
    536.3 KB · Views: 1
rouen or khaki egg? one of my two girls started laying again this morning and trying to figure out who it is

i don’t eat the eggs. just wondering who’s laying again so i can make sure she stays healthy.
Hard to tell! My current Rouens lay eggs with a greenish tint, which makes it easy for me, but I know that’s not the case for all Rouens! Congratulations, nonetheless!

Back
Top Bottom