How many Eggs did you Sell today?

I'm getting about 8=10 dozen a week with 18 hens and have them all sold. We have a few private customers and sell at a local farmers market for the rest. We only eat about half a dozen a week, I'm off eggs for cholesterol control and the SW only has them for breakfast.

I haven't read all the pages (I have to get back to work!) but I am wondering if you have people stop at the house to get eggs or you deliver.
There are some strange people out there and I don't think I want strangers coming to my door all the time.
I also don't want to have to drive all over to deliver eggs. The gas and time wouldn't be worth the money.
So how do you sell your eggs safely and with as little trouble as possible?

Quote:
I have a sign along the road in front of the house. "Eggs 4 Sale" "Stop on in!" People just come up and knock on the door, or many stop in when they see me outside doing yard work. Most live within few miles of me. If I find out they are local I tell them in the future to just drive down to the barn, help themselves to cartons set aside in the the egg cooler, and drop the money in the coffee can by the door. I live out in farm country, so it's mostly just been the neighbors or a few folks out looking for organic produce, as there are a lot of Amish folk up the ridge from here with various produce, flowers, and woodwork for sale, plus a lady a couple miles down the road has an organic CSA.

Quote:
People usually drop by or if I'm in town, I will deliver their eggs. Most of my customers are either people I know or people that have heard about my eggs by word of mouth. The lady at the bread store gets her eggs when I go in to the bread store to get the day old bread for the animals. Co-workers get their eggs when I go to work. People in the neighborhood will get their eggs when they deliver empty egg cartons or I will stop by after getting off from work. I have 1 customer that may get anywhere from 5 - 15 dozen eggs so I deliver to her. But she only lives 2 minutes down our long country road. Although I have regular customers, I have been wanting to have a cute sign made just because. I'm sure it will bring in a few more customers.

I guess my customers buy enough eggs that will last them at least 2 weeks, so I kinda know their schedule for needing more eggs, so it's not as if they are dropping by 5 times a week. It's sporadic and it's never a bother. I haven't had any problems so far.

Hi all. Still working on my signs...I know, I'm horribly slow.
hide.gif
I just got too much to do every day. Thankfully I'm not overloaded with eggs right now. (Been gving some of the extra to the cats!
big_smile.png
) Ho hum...

Back
Top Bottom