1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How many Eggs did you Sell today?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kuntrygirl, Sep 24, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    1 dozen

2. JimWWhite

JimWWhite Chillin' With My Peeps

1 Dozen today for $3.00. I've got to build my stock back up from this weekend when we had family pile in on us and gobbled up all our inventory...

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    7 dozen

4. JimWWhite

2 Dozen today for $3.00/Dz. I got in early this morning about 7:05 and I swear there was one of my regulars at my door wanting eggs before I was able to lay down my stuff. I checked the prices here at the local Wal-Mart and they are getting $2.97 for their no-name brown, 'free-range', 'organic' large eggs. They are $3.97 for their EggLand's best and $4.47 for their Land of Lakes eggs of the same type. I'd raise my prices but I got a good thing going so I'm going to stay at $3.00 for now. I'll have another 11 started pullets coming in next week and they'll probably be laying before the first of July so maybe then.

5. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Sold 2 dozen and gave a 1/2 dozen egg sample to our computer guy's wife. She is leary of eating fresh farm eggs, so I offered to give her 6 so that she could try them out. We'll see what happens.

6. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    [​IMG] great idea kuntrygirl

7. JimWWhite

Quote:Some people just don't want to know where their food comes from. I suspect this gal would be repulsed to learn that eggs come out of a chickens hinie. People like that just pretend that the food is manufactured in a plant or picked from a pristine garden. What woudl they do if they found out that someone put cow or chicken poop in their garden to grow the lettuce they were eating for lunch? Oh My!!!

8. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Some people just don't want to know where their food comes from. I suspect this gal would be repulsed to learn that eggs come out of a chickens hinie. People like that just pretend that the food is manufactured in a plant or picked from a pristine garden. What woudl they do if they found out that someone put cow or chicken poop in their garden to grow the lettuce they were eating for lunch? Oh My!!!

I agree. That's what I kinda told the computer guy. I asked him does she know where eggs come from. I told him that I hope that she doesn't think that eggs are made from some recipe made of different ingredients in a lab. I told him that the same eggs that she buys from Wal Mart come from a chicken from god knows where and god knows what they did to the poor chicken. He is at the office today and he picked up the eggs. He said that he has been trying to convince her to buy fresh eggs from me but she is scared. I'll keep you all posted.

9. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    3 dozen today... had a customer stop in [​IMG]

10. mxpres

mxpres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Lenoir,NC
    last week I gave a free dozen to my insurance agent,I told him to try a free dozen to see how he liked them,today he came by and bought two more dozen.I gained a new customer,he said he really liked the fresh eggs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by