How many Eggs did you Sell today?

I sold 2 dozen, got $6, and traded that $6 and the last dozen I couldn't sell to anyone, for a hair cut.

Real good way to make $1 an hour, selling eggs.

I'm hoping to get regular "clients" who will buy my extra eggs, but frankly it's amazing anyone's buying anything.

ZERO! I have 14 dozen in the fridge and NO ONE is buying! argh!
somad.gif

I have lowered my price to $1.50 a dozen (was $2.00...) Walmart Eggs ARE HIGHER than mine!! (Walmart is getting $1.64 a dozen!!)

I have a better sign on order--more bright colors and bigger, so hopefully that will help. And this weekend I am putting up NEW flyers everywhere. It is just annoying. The only customer that I have that is regular is the postmaster...she buys 2 dozen every Saturday... (I get almost that many in 1 day!!)

/end rant/
he.gif

Quote:
I wish I had your eggs. I am going to have to add a third coup and about 15 more hens to keep up with the demand I have for eggs! Sold 8 dozen last week--know I am selling 3 or 4 dozen tomorrow and some more on Saturday. Probably will be 8 again when finished for the week. My brown eggers ALL decided to go broody at the same time, so I have not had many brown eggs lately, but my 14 while leghorns are pumping out 13-14 a day everyday. My easter eggers are doing good for me right now.

sold 8 dozen yesterday to one person!! for $2.50 each!! that's a bag of feed right there for 3 days of laying! can't wait to sell more. I posted a flyer at my TSC for fresh eggs, then the power went out for tow days. hopefully people will start calling or emailing! i need more customers! my girls are laying 30 eggs a day and not slowing down! well at least if they all go into a moult I should have plenty of eggs to sell even when they aren't laying

Quote:

I have 1 rooster with them, so some of them may be fertile. I have 55 eggs in the bator but I only think 2 of them are good...I don't know yet for sure...and this is our first try at incubating so I may have screwed them up...we had some issues with temps in the beginning...

Quote:
Sorry to hear about that. Did you try posting on Craigslist?

yes, but the problem is that I am 30 miles from the "metropolis" and people want me to deliver. I will deliver to the local towns for $1 more per dozen with 2 doz minimum purchase...but no one orders.

I am thinking about saving some of my EE eggs and advertising them as "pre-dyed" easter eggs...just need to hardboil! I don't know though :lol

Back
Top Bottom