How many Eggs did you Sell today?

I have long time customers that I sell them to. I also pick up a new customer about every 3 months. I get new customers by word of mouth now. My usual customers have standing orders from as few as 1 dozen to as many as 10 dozen each week. I started selling eggs years ago by putting an ad on Craigslist. From there, it took off. I never had to advertise again. My long time customers refer people to me all the time. I also sell eggs to local restaurants who support local farmers/local produce, etc.

My customers send me a weekly email or text or call me to place their order. I get their order ready and drop it off to them on my way to work or doing my weekend chores. I do not go out of my way (gas is too high for that) to make special deliveries. They will meet me a designated areas on my route. It works perfect. I have had to order 40 more layers for this upcoming spring/summer because I could not keep up with demand.

We are in south central pa. Kuntrygirl, that sounds like such a great way of how to really start! Thanks for your advice!

TOOOOOOO funny! I had a lady I know call me last night at 8 pm, panicked. She says, "I neeeedddd eeeeegggggs!" She wanted 4 dozen, first thing in the morning. I was shy 4 eggs; I suggested around lunch time. Well, she came an hour early and we were down an egg. My dd (13) says, "We're short an egg- let me go look." So she runs outside and opened up the egg hatch, and lo and behold, one more egg. Talk about fresh! She may be the only person who had to wait for an egg to be laid.
gig.gif

I have 2 more dozen on hold for a good friend who hasn't gotten any yet because we've been too busy selling out. And another friend just emailed me this morning, wanting me to bring her some tomorrow. I told her, "I'll have them next week....." One of these days, we're gonna eat our eggs! LOL. I think my dh is going to be annoyed if we have to pay for eggs, lolololol.

But see- it would make perfect sense to get more chickens!
ya.gif

one dozen not technically sold, but I'm on a bartering system with a co-worker of my husbands he gives us honey and we give him eggs. It works out beautifully. Selling 2 dozen on Monday.
Not bad from 7 chickens :)

Back
Top Bottom