how many eggs do you eat? vs. how many you sell/give away?

Quote:
Oh my gosh, do they ever!!
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

I honestly don't think I could go back to store-bought, they're so bland and flavorless. backyard eggs are soooo good!

hope it won't be long till you can see for yourself
smile.png

lol.png
a year ago when are first ever chickens started laying I had a hard time forcing my self to try them. Or course I told no one of this so my kids were all for eating our fresh eggs. IDK I had this mental block about farm fresh eggs. NOW I can't even eat a store bought egg. with that said we have 40+ chickens some of which are just starting to lay. right now we're getting around 14 eggs a day. Every morning I make something that has to do with eggs (eggs, french toast, pancakes) we have 7 people in our family and we still have eggs coming out of our ears. but we sell eggs to our parents, neighbors, pastor, friends, brothers.... you name it. when I start getting to much I just post it on Facebook and all of a sudden I'm out in the coop squeezing a chicken for more eggs.
lau.gif
(I'm kidding about squeezing a chicken, relax!) although I did joke to my kids about going outside to squeeze a chickens cause I needed another egg. They just looked at me like " REALLY?!"
lau.gif
it was to funny.

BSH (bigsprings) you need more hens!!
BBM (Boo Boos mama) that is wonderful that your hubby can eat eggs. that is wierd

Quote:
My DH had given up eating eggs, but now he has eggs every day he is home (works 4 days away from home/then home 4 days). For me it is milk...for the last year I suddenly am having problems when I drink milk. I wish I could get fresh raw milk to see if I would have a problem with it. I think they are adding something to make it whiter; I've noticed the glass has a white stain I have to scrub off. I drank fresh raw milk in my childhood and when my children were young we bought fresh milk from a dairy; love to skim the cream off and make butter
droolin.gif

Boo-Boo's Mama :

I wish I could get fresh raw milk to see if I would have a problem with it. I think they are adding something to make it whiter; I've noticed the glass has a white stain I have to scrub off. I drank fresh raw milk in my childhood and when my children were young we bought fresh milk from a dairy; love to skim the cream off and make butter
droolin.gif

You may have to get a cow now!
lol.png
Is that "white stain" cream, Maybe? and I want to make butter. I have to buy the cream from the store to make some.​

Quote:
No way the white stain is cream. I know cream when I see it. I read somewhere that they are thinning the milk so they have to add a whitener to it, otherwise it would look too 'watery'. Don't know if that is true.

I don't think I will be able to talk DH into a cow...I hit him up for a dairy goat but that was a no go. We just have a small city lot
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom