how many eggs does your family eat a day?

Hi,

It varies a lot but probably from 2 1/2 to 4 dozen, only because I make a BIG effort to use eggs. My mom usually eats two bantam (small) eggs for breakfast every day, I make DH egg sandwiches (though mostly on the weekend because during weekdays he usually leaves before I even get up!), and I make omelets, casseroles, or just plain eggs with something on the side, and meatloaf for dinner to use up the eggs. Yes, we eat a lot of eggs for dinner, with hash, bacon, cheese, and/or sausage, and potatoes. And I also bake cakes, with some pound cakes using up to 10 eggs!

And I still have to give a lot away!
hmm.png
Hope this helps!
smile.png
Genie

Edited to add: I forgot to mention that the above are weekly totals. So I guess our daily average is about 5 to 7 eggs. Usually, only 3 of us eat together as my daughter and grandson have a separate apartment and are on their own schedule.

Last edited:
however many we get usually... right now it's 2.

I make an egg and cheese on toast for whoevers here almost every day.

if we dont have fresh eggs we dont have eggs.

5 to 10 on average.

Since our little egg machines started going full blast a week ago we have been getting 5 to 7 eggs a day and the numbers will continue to go up (we have 16 hens) so we have been eating a lot of eggs (want to see how many we use before we set up buyers). We have been doing eggs for lunch so there is 3-4 per person (bf and I) plus baking a few times a week plus we have been incorporating them into dinners. On the weekends we usually have eggs for breakfast so there's 2 - 3 a piece.

We go through (right now, on store-bought eggs) 18 to 24 a week.

Now realize that that includes all baking, cooking an regular eating, and that there are five of us. We don't do eggs for breakfast every day. Most go into keeping enough desserts around to keep us all happy
wink.png

Now come Christmas time, that number will rise to something like 4 to 5 dozen a week with all the baking we do. After all, one batch of biscotti alone takes a dozen eggs. We can't wait for our first ever all home-raised egg biscotti
big_smile.png
I bet they're real yellow.

My children and I have a big breakfast every morning so that uses about 6 and then maybe 2 for baking or cooking.

So, about 8 a day. If my husband didn't go to work so early and ate breakfast with us, we would average about 12 (or a dozen) per day.

Back
Top Bottom