How many eggs to get?

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
Next spring I have 2 planned hatches. The first time will be with my students at school. I will be getting local Easter Egger eggs for that project. The second time will be for myself.

In my second hatch, I’d like to end up with 2 female Orpingtons, (one each of buff and lavender), 1 female Speckled Sussex, and 1 Ameraucana, for my own yard. I am picking up the eggs from a breeder I can drive to, so they will not be shipped.

How many of each breed do you think I should set in order to get those numbers? I will be giving away the rest or adding them to my family’s farm flock.

Thanks so much!

Next spring I have 2 planned hatches. The first time will be with my students at school. I will be getting local Easter Egger eggs for that project. The second time will be for myself.

In my second hatch, I’d like to end up with 2 female Orpingtons, (one each of buff and lavender), 1 female Speckled Sussex, and 1 Ameraucana, for my own yard. I am picking up the eggs from a breeder I can drive to, so they will not be shipped.

How many of each breed do you think I should set in order to get those numbers? I will be giving away the rest or adding them to my family’s farm flock.

Thanks so much!
I would get twice as many as you would like to have to account for possible boys, failed hatches etc.😊

Back
Top Bottom