1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How many ex batt hens will fit in this coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by katepaws, Dec 2, 2014.

1. 4

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. katepaws

katepaws Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2014
    I have ordered this coop online and I'm wondering how many hen will fit in it (the measurements are in the link below). I will be getting ex battery hens and will have free range of the garden when they're not in the coop. The people selling me the coup said 6 would fit and the rescue dealing with the hens said 10. I had it in my head that the coop would fit about 3 or 4 hens comfortably. Can anyone give me some advice please & thank you.

The coop: http://www.freshsupplyuk.com/home/4...large-6ft-hen-house-run-ducks-poultry/9094186

Ps, I obviously want to take as many hens that will be comfortable in the coop, as other wise they will be going to the slaughter house.

2. debbieducker

debbieducker Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2014
    Rotherham
    I bought an 8 ft coop and run similar size coop to that one for 3 warren chickens. Now they are bigger I have had to extend the run to 4 time bigger and despite the company saying 4-6 chicken I would not put more than 3 in this coop. As there's enough space for 3 but think even one more would be 1 too many and the run wasn't enough room as they lock up whilst we're out at work during day so the run soon needed making bigger. But I suppose it's dependent on size of the chickens too

3. matt44644

matt44644 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2014
    Sanilac County,Michigan
    1 to 2

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  4. RWD

RWD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Wartrace TN.
    #1. Never buy a coop from anyone who does not raise chickens.
    #2. Never buy a coop from a retailer online.
    #3. That coop will hold 2 large hens for less than 12 months.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by