How many ex batt hens will fit in this coop?

How many hens will fit in this coop?

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

katepaws

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 2, 2014
I have ordered this coop online and I'm wondering how many hen will fit in it (the measurements are in the link below). I will be getting ex battery hens and will have free range of the garden when they're not in the coop. The people selling me the coup said 6 would fit and the rescue dealing with the hens said 10. I had it in my head that the coop would fit about 3 or 4 hens comfortably. Can anyone give me some advice please & thank you.

The coop: http://www.freshsupplyuk.com/home/4...large-6ft-hen-house-run-ducks-poultry/9094186

Ps, I obviously want to take as many hens that will be comfortable in the coop, as other wise they will be going to the slaughter house.

I bought an 8 ft coop and run similar size coop to that one for 3 warren chickens. Now they are bigger I have had to extend the run to 4 time bigger and despite the company saying 4-6 chicken I would not put more than 3 in this coop. As there's enough space for 3 but think even one more would be 1 too many and the run wasn't enough room as they lock up whilst we're out at work during day so the run soon needed making bigger. But I suppose it's dependent on size of the chickens too

#1. Never buy a coop from anyone who does not raise chickens.
#2. Never buy a coop from a retailer online.
#3. That coop will hold 2 large hens for less than 12 months.

Back
Top Bottom