How Many Fit???

JordanFamily

Crowing
16 Years
Feb 4, 2008
Archie, MO
A friend is bringing me some Sebastopol eggs from out of town and I need to know how many to tell her to bring? I have a new Octagon 20 eco and the Brinsea website says 9-12 goose eggs fit... Well which is it those of you who have filled yours with Seb eggs? Is it 9 or 12??? I hate for her to bring to many and me not be able to take them all, or even worse not enough and I have empty space where I could have a gosling growing..... Any advice would be helpful... Thanks
big_smile.png

Get a broody hen and stuff all the extras under her?
lol.png

Can't much much of help, but I'd say go for the middle number of about 11 just to be safe and not too much under. Also, if the Sebastopols laying are young, the eggs will be smaller, so you may have a little more room than you think.

Quote:
Thanks but my hens don't go broody.... Maybe I will take 12 and then after candling I have a couple left over in the case of duds... What do you think?

I would ask for 12 and if they don't all fit, have an omlette!!!!!! I have that same bator that says 24 chicken eggs, but if they are bantums I can fit more in. But yeah, 24 chickens pretty much fills it up.

Back
Top Bottom