How many goats do you own?

None, but I want to get a few large milk does to have as a pet. I have seen lots of places where there is just one goat with horses but it always scares me that a horse might kick it and kill it. I may get some later if I get a large tall escape proof pen. I wouldn't trust my horses not to hurt them if they got in with them.

Like everyone else is telling you I'm sure, (sorry! I haven't read all of the responses), goats are herd animals and do much better with more than one around. We have two and they play all of the time together! I can't imagine how lonely one would be without the other. You definitely need to get at least one more for your goats sake.
smile.png

I have 5 lady goats. 3 that I milk, 2 that are babies. I have opened the pasture up so they have access to all that is fenced, including the extra that I fenced in. I cut holes in the fence to make passageways for the goats to get away from the horses into another area that the horses would have to go all the way around to get to the gate to go in. The first three were there for a month before I allowed them in with the horses.

The goats do give the horses wide berth. But they do eat out of the hay feeder together - after the horses have been eating there for a while. I also have hay in other places. It's working out very well.

I am now in the process of putting poultry wire up so the chickens can be in there too - hoping that it will make them a little safer to free range in the pasture. And keep the little baby goat in as well. A hole in the fence doesnt have to be ver large for her to get through.
smile.png

I have around 40....hard to tell when some are always pregnant...Boers, Nubians, Kikos, Oberhasli, and some crossbreeds.

They're even more addictive than chickens, in my case.

I have 5- 2 does, and 3 bucklings. I can't imagine any of them being by themselves they love each other. Mine can't handle being in seperate parts of the property without causing a commotion.

We have to girl goats, I would get two goats to keep the other company, It is also funny to see to goats play with each other. If you put logs and tree stumps in their pen. They will Jump all around on it. plus. There is a game goats play that tells who is the queen goat, They will stand on a Tree stump or log. and will see whoo falls of first. Its funny!

Back
Top Bottom