how many hens will this coop hold?

We hired a handy man to build our coop/run. Might want to try that. Or maybe someone that is unemployed and has the building skills to make you one. Might be able to build you a nice coop.

The suggestions to look on craigslist are great. I looked on there and found this Amish built storage shed. They wanted four hundred for it and I couldn't afford that. They called me three times a day asking if I had changed my mind. I told them if they could take two hundred for it, then I could get it. A week later it was sitting in my yard. Not a bad price especially when you look around at the prices of some of the new stuff, especially these.

65081_chicken_castle.jpg

A hoop run would do until you can get a new coop built. Here is the one my 12 birds were in until I built my coop (they free ranged during the day). It is 10x10, but could be built bigger.
56972_20100520_56.jpg

I have the whole top covered for rain protection.

Thank you SO much for all the suggestions!

How many birds do you have or want to have at the new place?

If you can figure that, then maybe we can help find you something that'll work?

I have 14 hens (plus 2 bantams but they are separate from the "big" girls) but I am thinking of selling 2 more to have 12.

I do have a 10x10 chain link dog kennel that I could use for the run. Currently it is housing the baby goats, but once we move they will be in a stall in the goat barn. I still need a coop.​

Back
Top Bottom