How many hubbys or boyfriends...

Quote:
You are golden!! My DH will take the kids fishing or hunting (he is fishing tonight with the boy) just to give me a break or to concentrate on some task that needs to be done. It is amazing how much he understands that us Mom's need that quiet time. There should be more great men like you and my DH.

Last edited by a moderator:
We both work full days outside the home. It is really hard to muster the will to clean and cook, but I get there. Sweet hubby will cook diner if I am having mid-shift and the meat is thawed out. He cleaned the kitchen today while I was at work!! Kids are still working on the laundry pile tho.

well, i will do the dishes on occasion but it is not all that often. however, if asked i will do it pretty much any time.
i buy at least 90% of the groceries and do 99% of the cooking. the GF does most of the cleaning.

My hubby has promised to do the dishes tonight...we'll see if it happens. Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't. He'll put them away if I do them. He does his own laundry and takes care of the animals most of the time. I don't get too mad if he chips in once in a while.

This is a funny topic to come across today. We were all in shock at our Thanksgiving gathering yesterday. My FIL spent about five hours washing dishes. He started while the cooking was still in process and kept going until everyone else was done eating. He wouldn't let anyone use the dishwasher, scrape their own plate, or touch anything else. I stole a spare dish clothe to wash the table off. When I went to return the dish clothe I couldn't help but wipe up the water that was on the edge of the counter. That's when he took the clothe away from me. Geez
smile.png
The sight of him washing dishes was odd since I think he's probably done that less than 10 times in 40 years. Unfortunately the reason why he was doing them this year is because my MIL fell and broke her foot and her arm. I told her that by the time she's back on her feet he will have taken over her kitchen and will probably have a rule sheet posted on the cupboard door.
wink.png

My dh takes the kids all the time always has - since birth he has looked after them alone at times so I can go out with the girls or grocery shopping or just for a break.
~sigh~ my hubbies great! he takes our boy out riding on the threewheeler to the lake for fishing. or he just takes them to town with him for the heck of it. He has even attempted grocery shopping with all three of them! that is something I cringe to do lol.

My hubby is fantastic with housework. He is not handy, which would be awesome, as he has NO clue how to fix things, but I cant complain when he does a lot of the cooking, cleaning up, he will do dishes and he puts them up from dishwasher when clean without me even saying anything, its just done. Its really wonderful.

He will also bring clothes up from the basement out of the washer (hopefully upstairs laundry room as of next week, hurrah) so I can hang them on the line. Brooms, vaccuums, the more I think bout what all he does, the more I think I am so lucky!
lol.png

My husband did the cleaning this morning. He cleaned the kitchen, made breakfast for DD1 (DS is at his aunt's house and DD2 is still at a friends since she doesn't want to bring her back!
lau.gif
Everyone gotta love the baby!), even got a load of laundry put up on the line and another in the washer. He even changed the sheets on the bed since DD1 peed last night. Now that Im home from work, he has put his full 100% attention to the PS2 and even invited his brother in law over to play some games, which he hasn't shown up yet. He even started on lunch.

Back
Top Bottom