How many hubbys or boyfriends...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by McCord6, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Will do dishes or laundry without being asked or even do it at ALL?!

4 hours ago, I asked hubby to do dishes tonight since Im not feeling good (irregular contractions all day long) and he said he would. WELL...still not lucky, dishes are still piled up in the kitchen. I already put the food away but the dishes need to be washed.

2 days ago I asked him to start the laundry while I was at my appointment. Still today, none of the laundry been done! [​IMG] [​IMG]

If he doesn't get the dishes done when the CMT awards is over, Im going to seriously blow a fuse bigger then ever! [​IMG]

2. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    wont work, mines the same way... but he never agrees to do them for me, yours is a step ahead of mine.

3. cparian

cparian Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Oh wow, I never realized they actually knew how to do those things at all.

4. FarmerChick

FarmerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    North Carolina
    I never ask him to do laundry or dishes.

every now and then he does them on his own.

he doesn't fold like I do---so I am happier when he doesn't do the clothes..LOL
    dishes, well, he does OK on those. but from the dry rack he will never put them into the cabinets--go figure?

5. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Since I went back to work (outside the home) mine has been helping without asking. I blew my fuse back in May and it has been going pretty good since then. He does fall off the wagon once in a while. But for the most part he does good, I'm happy [​IMG]

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Mine will say he will do it.
    Three days later I tell him that I'm not cooking until they're done. EVENTUALLY it gets done......about an hour after he decides he's hungry [​IMG]

7. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Oh yeah well try feeling the GUILT when he does do them and the laundry and the vacuuming, and sweep and mop the floor, make the bed. Ect. and never complain.

Ahhhh I have to do it first or he will and then the guilt hits because he puts in 11 hour days as it is. At least he doesn't do the bathroom.

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    The one good thing I can say about my second ex-husband is that he was very good with housework. I'm great with outside work and a lousy housekeeper, he was great at housekeeping and totally lost with outdoors work (city boy).

9. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    I'll do it, cook, clean, build things etc too [​IMG]. I try to be helpful though, and volunteer to help a lot of people whether they are a girlfriend, friends, or people who just need it.

PS. That doesn't mean though you can expect me to do all the work, i believe it should all be equal unless you're sick or just unable to do something that day.

10. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Quote:Yep it's a two way street! I just love one of my friends husbands, she's preggers and he has taken on almost all the housework to help her out even though she's not having trouble or anything and is only 5 months along. She gets a little teed off at being treated like a china doll. But from the outside looking in it's nice to see such a caring, supportive spouse.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by