How many hubbys or boyfriends...

Quote:
OMG my long lost twin
hugs.gif
I have done the exact same thing. It took mine (kids) 4 days to get the point, DH and I were losing our minds trying NOT to clean it up.

My DW and I have a deal, she doen't have to cook or do the grocery shopping and I don't have to do laundry. However, I still sometimes do a load or two, and she sometimes does the dishes. I rather like our arrangement.
smile.png

My husband is banned from doing laundry. He did a load of laundry like 10 years ago and shrank several items of clothing and turned the rest funky colors. In one load of laundry he basically ruined half my wardrobe. I sometimes think he did it on purpose.
As for dishes- he bought me a very nice dishwasher to ensure that he never has to touch a dirty dish.
My husband is a slob of the highest order. I am a clean freak. We've made it work, but the biggest fights we have had over the years are about the cleanliness of the house.
roll.png

My DH does laundry, however he does not make sure there aren't stain in the clothes and he almost never puts it away, but piles it up on the couch.
somad.gif
Dishes he will do, but again, he doesn't like to bend over much so usually leaves pots on the stove.
he.gif
Drives me nuts. I'd rather him just let me do it sometimes as I end up redoing it anyway. But I guess I should
duc.gif
as he at least will make an attempt. He does like to cook though, so when he is home I usually let him have that job. If we have say Thanksgiving at our house he cooks everything and I will do the clean up of the entire house. I think that is a great deal!

I never could understand men who wont help around the house. Many claim they can't or don't know how which is assinine. If you can read you can learn to do anything. I cook, clean, sew, can and any of the other things necessary to maintain a home. I do this because I want to. Hope is in my life because I want her to be not because I need her for maid service.

I've been married for 44 years. During that time, I have never washed dishes, cleaned house, or did the laundry. I told Anne before we got married to not plan on my doing housework, and that we'd be eating off the back of the dishes before I'd wash them. I do sometimes empty the dishwasher though if I'm sure that they've been washed before I put them away. Anne can hire all the house cleaners that she wants to, but I'm not doing it. I have it rough enough having to lie on the couch to keep it from flying away.

Quote:
Mine lived alone after retiring from the Army. So he can do it all, including using a sewing machine better than me. He's a neat freak and I'm not. So he usually ends up doing stuff before it even occurs to me that it needs doing. He gets extra hugs and such.
love.gif
Men would do more housecleaning if they knew how attractive it makes them...

And when I do see something that needs doing I get it done. DH wears glasses, so he never notices dust and stuff in the bathroom. I usually get all that.

Sometimes when I try to help load the dishwasher he gets aggravated because he has his own way of doing it.

I had to teach him about laundry though. After having several black t-shirts washed with towels and socks it became necessary. And I make sure I buy clothes knowing they will shrink. He throws EVERYTHING in the dryer. I can live with that
thumbsup.gif

I do almost ALL the cooking. Sometimes he puts the ingredients away before I've used them.

He does most of the yardwork, I do flowers and ornamentals.
He expects extra praise when he helps with 'my' chickens
roll.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

my DH will do the dishes if they are piled up so deep he can't get the coffee maker under the faucet. I hate when he does the laundry though because he has no idea how to hang up clothes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom