How many meaties you going to raise this spring

I'm doing a batch of 25 starting in January because that's how many 4H broilers my son has ordered. Then I'm doing a batch of turkeys. It's my first time with turkeys, so I'll probably only do a dozen of them. Then I'll do another batch of Cornish X. We haven't decided how many yet.

Probably 50 or 75, in batches of 25 each. I'd also like to do turkeys. We're limited in space though. Was hoping to use the acre next to us, but the owner has it for sale. Crossing my fingers nobody buys it and builds on it.
fl.gif

25 Cornish cross giants
10 Comercial White turkeys

Ordering the meaties for June 2nd, and the turkeys for June 6th.

Meaties should go in the freezer mid august, turkeys mid sept.

Unfortunately my wife wont let me get anymore than that, and I had to beg for the turkeys.

Probably 100 in early spring so as to have them over with before the hot weather but I could always wait and do them in the fall if need be.
I just raised 100 in two batches this fall/winter and was hoping that would be for us to put away for the year but everyone is asking for them and I just bartered a bunch of them for some electrical work so I will do another batch.

If I have the money 25-30.....if I have SURPLUS money...50-60! All Colored Rangers from my buddy Joel at JM hatchery!
cool.png

Last edited:
Hopefully two batches of 100 colored rangers with 100 Cornish X in the middle. However, my work schedule has left my wife to take care of our last batch by herself so "we"
big_smile.png
may decide to cut back a few.

Back
Top Bottom