How many more chickens do you have since joining BYC?

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by savingdogs, Aug 8, 2010.

1. savingdogs

savingdogs Chillin' With My Peeps

I was just laughing with my husband that the more I learn on BYC, the more chickens I want.

I originally (pre-BYC) wanted three rhode island red hens.....some how I now have four RIR, a flock of buff orpington, two russian orloffs, two breeds of DUCKS and now some new EEs that my DH bought me as a present.........for a grand total of 18 chickens and 13 ducks!

Holy cow. But I learned about so many cool birds on here, and saw pictures of all the beautiful eggs and all.........and just HAD to have more. Nobody else I know even has more than a couple hens, except all of my BYC friends!!!!!! Thank goodness for you poultry-enablers, my chickens have been a source of great joy! What about you guys? How many birds did you have before BYC compared to now?

[​IMG]

2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Since I joined with 9 last year, I now have over 30 plus 24 in the incubator that I bought a few months ago

3. before i made an account on BYC, i wanted a trio of aseels (i still do) i don't have any chickens yet but i will be getting some very soon!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by