How many Muscovys have you hatched this year??

De

Songster
11 Years
Apr 9, 2008
Camden,AR
Well, I don't know about everybody, but I have had very good hatching this year....well over 200 now...the smallest litter was 5, all the other was 10, or more...and now have some on there 2 sett...just like to know how others are doing this year....
The first of spring I had something like 30 hens and 7 drakes... I love my MUSCOVYS.....

200 already!!! WOW.. that sure is alot what are plans for so many ducklings??

Just one for me... She was a surprise in a mixed dozen eggs I was given by a lady when I bought 2 young ducks. It was interesting for me as I havent kept scovies since I was a teenager growing up on a farm. She sure was cute- but those claws sure can be sharp too!!

Hmmmm, 44 and I believe about 30 being brooded under 2 Scovy hens right now. That will be it for the year and about a third to half as many as last year..... which was my plan. Next year I may allow even less to hatch out depending on the final.... FINAL FWS ruling on keeping and breeding Scovies and the market.

ive had three hatches that total to 63
smile.png

Hi! I've hatched no Moscovy ducklings --- *0*.
I'm excited that I have 11 Muscovy youngsters that might lead to breeding next year.
They are so different from my Pekin/Swedish/Magpie youngsters, I'm amazed. These Muscovy youngsters are engaging and friendly.
But anyway...
Yaaay for hatching over 200 new 'lings. That's a lot of new ducklings coming into the world.
Do you let the mothers raise them and to what age? (or do you have a giant space and they all swim arond happily together?)
Thanks!
smile.png

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom