How many of you always have eggs in a bator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stone_family3, Feb 12, 2012.

1. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    I've been thinking that once I'm done with this hatch that I'll stick another dozen in then follow it up with another dozen. That way I always have a dozen in the incubator ready to go. I'd like to find another wine cooler to make a 2nd one so that way I have a bit more room for even more eggs.

Hatching is so addicting :)

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Three words..................

Don't do it.

There's no turning back once you start. This addiction has no cure.

3. stone_family3

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    I figured that out when my coop went from 4 birds to 10 birds :p I'm a city dweller with big dreams of a country home and lots of land.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Mine were always on from August '10 to April '11. I had to move, and then get the property set up for occupancy and settling in, so I didn't incubate eggs again until Dec 12th, 2011. I set 'em up for the NYD Hatch, set another few eggs after that, then stopped again. If I don't get these put away, it's gonna happen again!!

5. spowell

spowell Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Mine ran from June 2011 through January 2012, and stayed about half full ( mine holds about 300 eggs). I shut it down in January for about 2 weeks, I couldn't stand it, and now it's up and running again. It has Silkies, pheasants, minorcas, mottled bantam Frizzles.......... I seriously fell of the wagon.

6. 3GChicks

3GChicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2012
    We just set 8 eggs 3 days ago for the very first time, I am slightly concerned that I am going to get addicted, and I already know that my husband is addicted, that is why we got the eggs, lol...what kind of incubator do you have?

7. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I got my first 7 chickens last June. Got an incubator in August. I now have 50+ chickens and a full incubator. And more chicks on order.

8. stone_family3

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    I built one out of a wine cooler, It's forced air and is working great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by