How many of you DO NOT LIKE the new buy-sell-auction part?

LeeWest

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 4, 2011
I HATE the way this site does the auctions now, nobody understands how to bid on auctions??? Do they even do auctions anymore? I am about ready to quit purchasing anything on here and go to another site because of the new way they have it. Who else HATES the auction part? I wish they would have kept it the other way it use to be, it was much better and easier.

You only have 2 posts?? What did you bid on before?
lol.png

there going to bring auctions back. it will be a while. if you see eggs you want post a reply bid. the add will have a date and time when it ends. keep in mind that it could be central time, pacific time ect. so bid at the last minute.

The way its set up now, its easier to just sell chickens and eggs at a set price, like classified ads. Nothing at all wrong with that. For those that want to bid or buy on the ads if they are set up as auctions, its no big deal, unless you make it a big deal. Just post and bid.

Obviously the new software is incapable of doing auctions like we're used to. Getting angry won't help and won't change anything. They know we like auctions. They will add them back when it's possible, and not a minute before.

Maybe there will be less competition for buying things, and we'll get a better deal :)

Proxy bidding was a big thing to give up yes. But we did not give up auctions. Those who want to do auctions just have to do them "old style" for now. I'm sorry but we can't snap our fingers and make it happen right away on this platform. Would we like to bring proxy bid auctions back? Yes, of course.

There are already auctions going in the BST right now, why don't you go check them out.

Last edited:
Obviously the new software is incapable of doing auctions like we're used to. Getting angry won't help and won't change anything. They know we like auctions. They will add them back when it's possible, and not a minute before.

Maybe there will be less competition for buying things, and we'll get a better deal :)

I do hate giving up the proxy bids. Really I do, but I just realized how helpful this can be for the sellers. We used to like to banter back and forth and can still do that, but once you subscribe or post a bid, you can see when someone has been there and go back in. For the seller that might be a plus too because the bids will continue bringing the post to the top. OK that's my theory anyway.

Back
Top Bottom