how many of you dose your chicks with h2o2? hydrogen peroxide?

Why would I want to bleach all my poor baby chicks?
lol.png
Actually, we use the diluted hydrogen from the grocery, sometimes further diluted 50/50, for us humans. I don't see why you couldn't use it on animals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never used it with animals, but I use it myself. The 35% stuff is in a drpper bottle in my fridge. I add some to my water. This is called the one minute cure and is supposed to cure most things. You start with like 3 drops in a glass of water and increase it daily until uou reach 20 drops. You are supposed to do this 3 times a day for chronic conditions. I'm not that consistent with it, but I use it when I think of it.

I had to check around to find it in a health food store. You have to ask them for it, because it is usually kept in a back room, in a refrigerator or freezer. You can also order it online.

From what I understand, the trick is not to use the regular old brown bottle kind, as it has added preservative chemicals.

Food grade, I have bought some online, I havent found any local (i havent looked much yet though) but I am interesting in finding a local source, maybe whole food stores etc.

A lot of those claims seem far fetched... Modern snake oil.

It is commonly used as a water treatment on poultry farms to keep watering lines clear of the slime caused by certain bacterias, such as iron and sulfur reducing bacterias. For those that use it on a regular basis, I've never heard them say that their flocks did markedly better because of the peroxide.

One water treatment that does seem to promote better broiler growth is citric acid. It is sold in a powdered form that is soluble in water.

Snake Oil maybe, but I do like the sound of oxygen-water, which is all hydrogen peroxide is, h202, i would like to see that it is indeed true.

It's also used as an emetic. That is, to make an animal vomit when they've ingested something poisonous. Just because it's "water with an extra oxygen molecule" doesn't make it "oxygen water" in any useful way in a person's or anumal's body. Useful as a mild bleach, useful as a wound cleaning solution, useful as an emetic. Can't imagine why you'd want to drink it on purpose.

Back
Top Bottom