How many of you keep a light on in your coop at night?

I just have a small tractor, so I keep a couple of those little solar powered yard lights near it, not because I think the chickens want or need it but because they were super cheap and might come in handy if I need to go out there and check on the chooks at some point in the night.

Hmmm . . . I should probably keep one for reading in bed at night. I use a rechargeable flashlight right now so I don't disturb the manly one while he's trying to sleep. Gonna have to try that . . .

My wife and I installed a set of solar lamps with the remote solar panel for one of our girls that wouldn't go into the coop at dark with the others. After a few days, she finally got the idea, I guess she couldn't see the doorway, dunno really. We still have the lights in the coop, doesn't seem to bother them so we just left them there.

I have one of those solar-powered LED net lights hung up in my coop. It keeps it light enough inside that I can walk around at night without a flashlight, or so the chickens can get a drink or a bite to eat if they're so inclined, but it's still dark enough that the chickens can sleep comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom