How many of you really think it is possible??

Quote:
You will see race wars and class warfare on an unprecedented level.

If it doesn't happend, I'll eat my shoe... If it does happen, I'll have only my shoe left to eat.

Race wars? Highly doubtful. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if Waco-like incidents started happening more often.

I still say it will be driven by economics, if the unemployment rate ever gets to levels of the 20-30s. If it goes up to say 25%, revenues to the govt ie; our taxes will drop so low that we would have to start cutting all kinds of programs. It would start to cause unrest, among a wide range of the population. What will all those folks do to feed themselves, I think the answer is almost anything. Was it Thomas Jefferson who said " A Govt big enough to give you everything you want, Is strong enough to take everything you have."
I think it is wise to be prepared for anything that might happen, social breakdown, natural disaster, invation, whatever you think is worst thing that could happen. A financial advisor told me when I started into the workforce, " people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan. Who knows what might happen hopefully nothing, but it does not hurt to be prepared.

Q9? Now I KNOW the world is ending!! I agree with you AGAIN!!
lau.gif
gig.gif

Race wars? Not likely at all. Class wars quite likely.

Quote:
What happened in October 2009? I'm not being facetious, I just need a memory jog.

Dur...wrong year
smile.png
. October 2008. When the stocks fell more than ever, and some markets completely closed. TARP came out. All that good stuff
smile.png

Quote:
What happened in October 2009? I'm not being facetious, I just need a memory jog.

Dur...wrong year
smile.png
. October 2008. When the stocks fell more than ever, and some markets completely closed. TARP came out. All that good stuff
smile.png

Ok. I thought I had missed something or my memory was getting worse than I thought. That's a scary thought by the way.

I agree with Q on the race wars. I think Mahonri has a different set of circumstances where he lives, than the rest of the country. When you talk to people from the border states, the immigration issue is a much bigger factor in their lives.

When I speak of a biological problem, leading to food shortages, I'm talking about something causing the nations crops not to grow. It could be something like nationwide severe drought. Or some kind of engineered virus that kills wheat and corn. Grain crops all dead leads to low meat and egg production. Or as previously mentioned. Severe gas shortages causing disruptions in the food chain or severe increases in prices and a govt that has cut back on food programs causing people to starve. Starvation will make people desperate.

Hopefully it's all a moot point. Things are very, very, very slowly getting better for the time being. Let's hope it continues in the right direction.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

I got to talking to some people yesterday and got to wondering.

BYC is a wide spectrum of people so let me ask: How many of you really think that major civil unrest/societal destabilization is likely in the next five years?

Yes I think it's likely. Especially as the baby boomers start draining the guberment's [lack of] funds.

Actually I think it's always impending. If anything were to happen to the oil supply....without trucks there will be no more food at the grocery store in about 24 hours. THEN where will society be?​

I have WHAT in my yard? :

This is a first person account of what it was (and is) like to live in a country that suffered a massive economic collapse. (THe fact that their collapse was largely engineered by american banks is food for another story)

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/10.08/tshtf1.html

He's clearly not a professional. This is just his life. But, even while he talks about SHTF and surviving in lawlessness, he also talks about going to school (schools still operate) and watching TV (Media still operates).

THere are major differences between there and here, but there are some real similarities. The corruption level at the very top of the banking system is key. We still have a mostly uncorrupted police at the local level and a mostly uncorrupted military.

thanks for that link,,excellent article..​

Quote:
Dur...wrong year
smile.png
smile.png

Ok. I thought I had missed something or my memory was getting worse than I thought. That's a scary thought by the way.

I agree with Q on the race wars. I think Mahonri has a different set of circumstances where he lives, than the rest of the country. When you talk to people from the border states, the immigration issue is a much bigger factor in their lives.

When I speak of a biological problem, leading to food shortages, I'm talking about something causing the nations crops not to grow. It could be something like nationwide severe drought. Or some kind of engineered virus that kills wheat and corn. Grain crops all dead leads to low meat and egg production. Or as previously mentioned. Severe gas shortages causing disruptions in the food chain or severe increases in prices and a govt that has cut back on food programs causing people to starve. Starvation will make people desperate.

Hopefully it's all a moot point. Things are very, very, very slowly getting better for the time being. Let's hope it continues in the right direction.

I wouldn't put it past the feds to engineer a virus that goes wrong and starts killing crops, although it's a little far-fetched. I could picture them engineering something to attack pests or something along those lines. Oh, good gosh, now images from I Am Legend are flashing through my head.
lol.png

When I speak of a biological problem, leading to food shortages, I'm talking about something causing the nations crops not to grow.

You mean like planting fancy-schmancy government protected, gene patented, genetically modified crops and then having them not grow???

"Shankara's crop had failed - twice. Of course, famine and pestilence are part of India's ancient story.
But the death of this respected farmer has been blamed on something far more modern and sinister: genetically modified crops.
Shankara, like millions of other Indian farmers, had been promised previously unheard of harvests and income if he switched from farming with traditional seeds to planting GM seeds instead.

Distressed: Prince Charles has set up charity Bhumi Vardaan Foundation to address the plight of suicide farmers
Beguiled by the promise of future riches, he borrowed money in order to buy the GM seeds. But when the harvests failed, he was left with spiralling debts - and no income.
So Shankara became one of an estimated 125,000 farmers to take their own life as a result of the ruthless drive to use India as a testing ground for genetically modified crops."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...suicide-using-genetically-modified-crops.html

"Farmers in South Africa have reported an inexplicable failure to seed in three different varieties of corn genetically modified (GM) by the Monsanto Corporation.

"One can't see from the outside whether a plant is unseeded," said Kobus van Coller of Free State province. "One must open up the cob leaves to establish the problem."

The problems occurred only in corn engineered by Monsanto for increased yields or for resistance to the company's trademark herbicide, Roundup (glyphosate). Failure to seed has been documented in the provinces of Free State, Mpumalanga and North West."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/026705_Monsanto_corn_GM_corn.html#ixzz1A6mXC2mL

&quot
;​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom