How many of you still live in your hometown?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by easttxchick, Jan 20, 2011.

1. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I was just curious.
    I am many years and many miles from the town where I was born.
    I've been back fairly recently and it is still just like it was, only a bigger, dirtier city and I don't miss it at all.
    I'm a Texan right down in my soul and I'm so glad I ended up where I did-in the sticks in The Lone Star State. [​IMG]
    My only regret is that I just wish the rest of my family were closer.

2. BlakesFarm

BlakesFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Upstate SC
    Me, so far...

I would like to move to a warmer climate though [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Like you many many years and a world away.

Imp

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Easttx, did you know DH was born in Texas? He was born there but moved here to this farm as a young child. So basically, he has lived within a 20 mile radius of this farm his whole entire life. I can't imagine that!

I'm not sure what city to call my "hometown". Would it be the city where I was born, but only lived there until I was 2? Or Miami, FL where I spent a good part of my growing up? Or Asheville, NC where I spent the rest of my growing years? I've lived in Colorado, Tennessee and Georgia too, but none of those left much of an impression.

Now my heart is here on this farm in rural Arkansas and here my heart will stay. [​IMG]

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I was born in Peoria, Il., but before I was 2 weeks old, we moved to Ar. I was raised until school age, about 12 miles from where I live now. Then throughout school, I lived in Pekin, Il. When I got out of school, I spent 2 years around Atlanta, Ga., & 12 years in Tucson, Az. I've been back in Arkansas for 21 years now, & have no intentions of ever leaving again.

6. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:See, now I know why I like your DH so much, Kat-he's a TEXAN!
    We moved around a good bit as well when I was a kid within a fairly small radius of Louisville, Kentucky.
    Never quite fit in there, now I know why-I belong here. [​IMG]

7. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Hummm... Letsee...

The closest I've been to 'living' near my home town in the last nine years (OMG, that makes me feel OLD. Has it really been that long? ... crap) is about 2,000 miles. Life takes you to such unexpected places some times.

8. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Spent 20 years living just outside DC, moved back home 4 years ago and loving it!

9. Deanner03

Deanner03 The Cake Queen

I don't live in the same COUNTRY I grew up in.

But I'm 15 minutes from the house I grew up in. Figure THAT one out. [​IMG]

10. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    born in South Texas...at least I live in Texas County....figure to get back to Texas at some point...but would not go back to the town I was born and raised in for nothin'

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by