How many of your EARLY hatches have shown phys. issues

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jmc, Dec 1, 2011.

1. jmc

jmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    like deformities. i have heard that such can happen with early hatches.

i suppose my quest. could also apply to late hatches, but since i may have an early hatch coming up---though i'm fighting it----------i thoought i would ask about the earlies.

with so little experience, i sort of dread esp. an early hatch with 'its (supposedly) deformed chicks'

2. john.mainor

john.mainor New Egg

Nov 12, 2011
    I had it happen once some one told me it was from hatching in very hot months

3. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    I have two chickens right now that hatched 2 days early and they cannot stand on thier feet. But the third born on the correct day can walk perfectly.

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    The only hatching issues I have had was I got some eggs from a friend and the parent stock were brother and sisters which is not good as deformities can show up and in my case I did have some with this hatch. I have never had any problems with this using different parent stocks.

5. jmc

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    thank yoiu

6. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    I've only ever had one egg hatch very early. It was a splash Jersey Giant egg that hatched on day 18 while the turner was still running. It was during the summer so I assume the egg had developed a little bit when collected (temps were running close to 100 degrees outside). He's turned out to be a very handsome addition to my flock and is quite spry with no deformities whatsoever.

7. jmc

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    thank you, folks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by