So are you an egg washer?

• yes, wash them before you store them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, wash after, when you are ready to use/sell

• sandpaper/bucket of sand before you store them

• Total voters
No washing here. They go straight from the chicken's arse into my pantry.
D.gif

I only wash them if they are really gross. I have one chicken who tends to really mess up the eggs (she's my special girl who's blind), so sometimes I get an egg that has been rolled in poop repeatedly. They either get washed or fed to the dogs (they eat the chicken poop outside, so no worries there). I don't wash them if they look clean.

we wash ares but the old man up the road doest then he wants to give us his extra eggs with crap all over them, its gross

If I know they are going to get eaten, I wash right away and put into the fridge.

If I think they can be sold as hatching eggs, I keep and turn three times a day in a cool room... after a week if not sold, they get washed and sold to eat.

Dirty eggs (especially duck eggs) get washed in hot water and dish soap, then lightly coated with food grade mineral oil. Clean eggs go right in the carton in the fridge.

My grand daughter always wants to know-- Popsie, when are we going to wash the "mud" off.

I will wipe the egg off if the "mud" is still soft, remove any stuck on straw, and kinda scrap the egg with my finger nail if the "mud" is dried on. But that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom