How Many PET Chickens Are In Your Flock?

How many chickens?

• Only 1. They are my feathered cat.😊

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I have a pair of 2.🙂

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I have 3.🙃

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • I have a small flock of 4-5

Votes: 20 10.0%
  • I have a flock of 6-10 birds. Not too many, not too little.

Votes: 56 27.9%
  • I have 10-20 birds. Keeping it realistic.😌

Votes: 54 26.9%
  • I have 20-30 birds!

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • I have 30-40 chickens! Lots of eggs, lots of types, or both!

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • 40-50 chickens! I keep a big flock!

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 50-80 chickens! Wow! 😍

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • 80-100, You keep em as Pets?! How do you keep track of names?!

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 100+ THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MANY CHICKENS!😃😍

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I don’t keep any pet chickens.

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
I had to get a calculator out to get an answer on this one. 5+3+2+2+2+5+17+21 (haven't included the 50 eggs in the incubator..lol).. so a nice round 45 hens and 7 roos. 52 total. I live in a rural town where the neighbours are a bit more understanding than in the burbs. I had 5 originally, and then decided most were getting very long in the tooth so should be injecting some young blood...hmmm... I bought a cheap incubator and some fertilized eggs and all signs of sanity blew out the window. .. I honestly don't know how it happened looking back... I couldn't decide which breeds to keep, so now have at least a pair of the ones that I liked the most (Bantam breeds mostly but a handful of larger breed hens in with my mixed flock). and YES...they do count as whole chickens!

I'll admit it I went chicken crazy. At the time I started I got 7 older chicks & (2) 1 year old silkies. Then found 2 free coops with feeders and waters and 4 older laying hens then i wanted more of a variety 😀 and had already ordered chicks from online which was 10 Easter Eggers (female)& 10 light Brahmas (unsexed). The crazy chicken lady and I still want more.

That’s what we tell ourselves... lol
I’m done adding chickens! So done I’m... ooooh, those are some pretty polish chickens, and look at all the sweet brahmas! Maybe just a few more.......

Next year: I have 50 birds I’m done adding more..... but ooh! They added 10 new breeds!

Next year: I have 100 birds! I’m done! But wait............

I don’t actually by the way, I have 28.
Started with ten, lost one, May she Rest In Peace. Got another hen, took in a rooster, planned for 10 chicks, got 5 more last second, and had a hen “accidentally” get some eggs to have chicks in them, so there.

11..... It started with 3 little pet Silkies... Now its 9 pullets/hens and 2 roos plus 7 eggs under a broody... It was 21 but then I had to sell some chicks as I knew there would not be enough room in the coop for all of them when they got bigger :hit
... So now I'm in the process of making my coop bigger!!! :wee

Back
Top Bottom