How Many PET Chickens Are In Your Flock?

How many chickens?

• Only 1. They are my feathered cat.😊

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I have a pair of 2.🙂

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I have 3.🙃

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • I have a small flock of 4-5

Votes: 20 10.0%
  • I have a flock of 6-10 birds. Not too many, not too little.

Votes: 56 27.9%
  • I have 10-20 birds. Keeping it realistic.😌

Votes: 54 26.9%
  • I have 20-30 birds!

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • I have 30-40 chickens! Lots of eggs, lots of types, or both!

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • 40-50 chickens! I keep a big flock!

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 50-80 chickens! Wow! 😍

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • 80-100, You keep em as Pets?! How do you keep track of names?!

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 100+ THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MANY CHICKENS!😃😍

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I don’t keep any pet chickens.

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
Pics
I intended to have 6. Started with 3 then ordered 4 more. Lost 1. Then, when one of my "hens" from the second order turned out to be a roo, I got 2 hatchings of 6 more. That's 12 total at this point (if you don't want to bother doing the math).

They all have names. They will all get to live out their lives with us. ...except possibly the roo if he can't learn some manners.

Six to eight was really the right number for my coop and run and also for our needs. I've adjusted by letting my chickens out during the day into a protected chicken yard that -- including the run which stays open all day -- about triples the size of their daytime habitat. And, in this way, we'll work our way back to 6 or 8. All of whom will be hens -- tho I still have a roo. ...I just won't let any of the hens go broody again even if we had GREAT experiences both incubating chicks and getting baby chicks the natural way with a Mama Hen.

We live and keep our chickens on a 1/2 acre suburban lot that's probably a lot more urban than most parts of the country.

Last edited:
I intended to have 6. Started with 3 then ordered 4 more. Lost 1. Then, when one of my "hens" from the second order turned out to be a roo, I got 2 hatchings of 6 more. That's 12 total at this point (if you don't want to bother doing the math).

Six to eight was really the right number for my coop and run and also for our needs. I've adjusted by letting my chickens out during the day into a protected chicken yard that -- including the run which stays open all day -- about triples the size of their daytime habitat. And, in this way, we'll work our way back to 6 or 8. All of whom will be hens -- tho I still have a roo. ...I just won't let any of the hens go broody again even if we had GREAT experiences both incubating chicks and getting baby chicks the natural way with a Mama Hen.
Cool.

Back
Top Bottom