How many Roos?! Pic Heavy

JayDe

Songster
10 Years
Aug 5, 2009
Lithia, FL
We have a flock of pure Orpingtons and Orpington/EE mixes (all the same daddy Orpington)..

The babies hatched the first week of May and are now about 5.5 weeks. I wanted to see if anyone wanted to start guessing. Only 2 are standing out as boys due to behavior and none of them are really different from the girls. Some just started getting reddish coloring in the combs. I seem to remember their dad being red in the comb by now...but I have never had a boy EE to compare to. Here are the pics. Some have been named due to special circumstances. We may keep just a few or may keep all of them depending on the ratio.

The Orpingtons:

38434_orpington1.jpg

38434_orpington2.jpg

38434_orpington_3.jpg

38434_orpington_4.jpg

38434_orpington_5.jpg

The Easter Eggers:

38434_peck.jpg

38434_lucky.jpg

38434_egger_3.jpg

38434_egger_4.jpg

38434_egger_5.jpg

38434_dot.jpg

No remarkable size differences except that Dot is very small compared to the others. We think she had a different mom than the rest. Lucky and #5 jump at each other from time to time, but they are the only ones that we've seen act Rooish.

Send all your guesses my way please!!

Well I can't say for sure what they are, but the photos are good. Hopefully someone else will assist.

They all had a Buff Orpington daddy
wink.png
The EEs have very little coloring coming through from their mom who is blue with some buffish penciling, I think you can see her in the background of one of the pictures (Lucky's)

Anyone?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom