How many times/day do you feed your chickens?

Sure! The frozen will have more nutrients than the canned. I'd thaw it out first..;-)
but then i will eat it again.
lau.gif
thank you

Yes...frozen is better than fresh sometimes depending on how fresh it is. They flash freeze preserving the nutrients. The fresh you get at the store takes how long to get there?

Yes...frozen is better than fresh sometimes depending on how fresh it is. They flash freeze preserving the nutrients. The fresh you get at the store takes how long to get there?
hu.gif
i live in the country. when the corn and other things come in i can freeze myself but it will still be old come this time of yr. is there a brand you recommend?

I feed twice a day. My birds all free range, so I only give them a small bucket full of feed in the morning and another one in the afternoon, an hour or two before they go to bed. Oyster shells and cuttlebones are available throughout the day just outside their coop. And of course, being free range, they seem to think they have an all access pass to my veggie and herb garden, lol.

We are new to chickens too. I have been giving our girls a combination of feedings. We have been COLD here.... many days below freezing and more days in the minuses with the wind chills. We have the pellets always available. In the cold we make warm (wet) oatmeal with fruit for them to start the day. We give them sunflower seeds daily they can dig up to keep them from being too bored. They get something green and leafy about every other day. We have the pellets in & out of the coop. We have been keeping the water mostly outside, even in the freezing weather. We have to change it out every few hours because it freezes over. We stopped leaving it in the coop because they spill the water which leads to humidity in the coop. I think that makes it harder for the girls to stay warm in there. We lock the girls down with warm (wet) oatmeal before bed time to get them fluids to last then overnight.

Back
Top Bottom