How many times turning with the Brinsea Mini Advanced

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by San, Mar 7, 2011.

1. San

San Songster

I've tried the search function but could not find the answer. It's time prepare the mini incubator but I was wondering how many times you set the turning?
    Last year the first time I did 5 times with no succes, second time 3 times and only 2 came out alive. I want to try it in a different room this time that has a constant temperature. Hoping you'll good give me some advice on this one.

2. Eveemg

Eveemg In the Brooder

Mar 3, 2011
    Norfolk, UK
    It will be interesting to know the answer to this as i have the same model coming soon (should arrive tomorrow!) x

3. ChickenPox

ChickenPox Songster

Feb 2, 2011
    Middle GA
    I have mine set to turn every hour. Have had two hatches, and both have been pretty successful. Good luck!

4. San

San Songster

Ok then every hour, will try that!

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Mine are set to 45 minutes, with a 15 angle setting. Get good hatches in 'em, too.

6. San

San Songster

Gosh I keep confusing the american mesures and the dutch ones but i believe it's around 47 degrees.....
    I'll need to take a look in my bator will do that tomorrow [​IMG]

I also have a huge Dyscalculia haha but I'll figure it out!![​IMG]

7. San

San Songster

I was just thinking does it makes any difference if you have a fully automatic incubator if it's in the sitting room which is warm mostly or a cold bedroom?

8. gryeyes

All my hatches have taken place in my rather chilly guest room. (But in summer it will be fairly warm...) Just keep it out of drafts or where there is air flow from air conditioning or other air vents.

9. San

San Songster

Quote:Ah ok then it's going to be the bedroom then.

10. gryeyes

Quote:Ah ok then it's going to be the bedroom then.

Ummm, perhaps I should explain that I just use the guest room because I have six incubators on a table and in a book-case. It wasn't a recommendation, as if one SHOULD use a "chilly" room; warm rooms are fine, too. The draft and changes in temperatures are the bad things, not warmth. I think the Brinsea instructions even mention the incubators work better if they're in a room that doesn't get below a certain temperature....

I don't heat my house much. I'm comfortable around 55-60 degrees.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: