1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How many? Why 14 today!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cnj-tx50, Dec 11, 2009.

1. cnj-tx50

cnj-tx50 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    North of Dallas, TX
    9, then 8, then 10 and today the record 14!!!!!! Even a blue, green and pink one!!!

2. cnj-tx50

cnj-tx50 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    North of Dallas, TX
    Make that 15!!!!

3. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Congrats! I dont have anything laying except my button quail [​IMG]

4. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    I got 10 from my 17 pullets. No where near the record of 16 (in early October) but I am still pleased. I have been averaging 6 - 8 eggs per day for the last month. I suspect the increase my be related tro the heat lamp I put in the coop a few days ago. The water was freezing and so I hung it about 1 foot above the waterer. No more ice. The chickens have been more active since I added the heat lamp. It is a red 250 watt bulb that I used in the brooder in the spring. Some of the red baked off and it is now fairly white. I hope to turn off the heat lamp on Sunday when we finally warm above freezing.

By the way, I will be replacing the bulb before I setup the brooder this spring. We will be adding another 20 - 25 chicks to our flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by