How MIL saved us some money on our grocery bill

bayouchica

Songster
13 Years
Jan 23, 2007
N.E. Louisiana
Have yall heard of Angel Food ministries? My MIL heard about it though her church & we have saved alot on our grocery bill.
There's no income limit,no membership, etc.. We don't get it every month because it is so much food for us.
You have to buy this $30 dry food box (name brand food) & they have meat boxes.I can say the meat was really great, one box had ribeyes,New York strips,pork, for $20.
MIL had to pay for the food up front at a host church & then later in the month the order came.
Thought I would share this with yall, they have a spot to put in your zip code.
smile.png

http://www.angelfoodministries.com/

Yeah they do give ya a dozen eggs, MIL gave hers away,lol.

Bless you for sharing that link. I JUST this morning was talking to a friend that is trying to get their family back on their feet but is having a very hard time making it on a total income of less than $2000 a month.

We were just talking about how she qualifies for food stamps but she doesn't want to apply for them as they hope to be doing much better in a few months.

This program might help them out a lot with food expenses until they can get in a better place financially!

Thanks!!

we do it at our church in Otisville, Michigan...it has been a Godsend to so many!
our pick-up date for this month is tomorrow.

the food is outstanding, restaurant quality as mentioned above. the meats are very nice, not the junk you aren't going to buy anyway.

we get a ton of folks through and even have teens to carry your boxes!!!

Your church-based program sounds just wonderful, but I hope it wont discourage your friend from also applying for food stamps. I gather they have really speeded up the application process, and the benefits are excellent. No one should ever feel ashamed of needing a hand, and if our government isnt there for that, then what the Hades is it there for? I'd rather my government spent its money on food than on bombs, anyway.

Benefits like food stamps were hard won in our country, and you can tell your friend that every time someone uses those benefits they help ensure that they will remain available for the next family who needs them. In that sense, she would be doing not only her own loved ones a favor, but supporting the next, unknown needy folks. Pay it forward!

We are all needy, somehow, sometime. Thanks for being a good friend to her. And ask your elected representatives exactly how they support those of us who need help in tough times.

best, and good luck to her.

see post above about the stamps...it sure is great. it is a huge program, and mult-state.

whether you just need to trim the bill or using an assistance program (as chickiebaby was right about that hard fought right!!!) than think about this program and spread the word!

lots of flash frozen meats, individually wrapped meats, fresh produce, shelf stable milk etc.

i buy 2 for a family in need that have 2 adults and 4 kids. they can't use all the frozen in a month! how cool is that!

I sponsor a family on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota and use a similar program to send them food. They say the quailty is very good and they especialy enjoy getting fresh fruits and veggies.

my aunt was talking about this a few weeks ago, she loves it.

edited to add- Just looked it up and there is one near me, I told my best friend too. Wow, I cant believe all they give. For us that will last a while. Thanks for posting!
clap.gif
My son gets SSI and we get some food stamps but the way the system goes, income lowers the SSI and the SSI lowers the food stamps.....round and round.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom