How much are chickens worth?

Ok so I have black sex links, buff Orpingtons, Ameraucanas, Easter eggers, Golden buffs, New Hampshire reds, barred rocks, light Brahmas, and silver laced Wyandottes. Are those all pretty basic breeds?

Ok so I have black sex links, buff Orpingtons, Ameraucanas, Easter eggers, Golden buffs, New Hampshire reds, barred rocks, light Brahmas, and silver laced Wyandottes. Are those all pretty basic breeds?
Yes those are pretty standard birds imo. Id sell them as one group at $15each and hope someone buys them all asap. Advertise on facebook groups and craigslist and i wouldnt sell less than 4 at a time. When it gets closer to spring people really start buying young hens.

Yes those are pretty standard birds imo. Id sell them as one group at $15each and hope someone buys them all asap. Advertise on facebook groups and craigslist and i wouldnt sell less than 4 at a time. When it gets closer to spring people really start buying young hens.
I’m not selling them all.. I love my chickens. I am just selling maybe 1 or 2 of each breed so I can hatch some chicks this spring. My cousin was wanting to buy some from me and I wanted to know a reasonable price to sell them at. I just don’t have the room to keep them all plus the chicks that I’m wanting to hatch.. and I’m really wanting to hatch some chicks

I’m not selling them all.. I love my chickens. I am just selling maybe 1 or 2 of each breed so I can hatch some chicks this spring. My cousin was wanting to buy some from me and I wanted to know a reasonable price to sell them at. I just don’t have the room to keep them all plus the chicks that I’m wanting to hatch.. and I’m really wanting to hatch some chicks

good advice above. You have pretty common breeds, and selling to your cousin (so, not trying to gouge them and you are comfortable with their chicken set-up). You should target $12-15 each, or package deal of ”take all I want to get rid of for $X”, which should be more of a price like $10-11each Bc they are taking all you need to get rid of, your choice. Be willing to negotiate.

we sell our extras at a livestock auction. The auction house takes about 25% of the sale price (and will mail you a check if you don’t wAnt to stick around for cash), but young layers are popular, and sell well. Last fall I sold 10 cockerels, pure breeds, various breeds. They sold pretty well with 3 of them getting several bids, lowest sale price was just under $10/ cockerel -pretty good for young (16 week) cockerels, but I caged them separately, with detailed label to help encourage higher sale price. When I’ve sold miscellaneous layers, they’ve sold for around $9/each, but it was a January outdoor auction, so light attendance.

Your local market is the determining factor.
.....and your sales/marketing savvy.

But, oh.....
Selling to a relative is a whole other ball game.

I gotcha, i usually give mine to close family and friends or sell for $10 each to people i know well. Youll reep more in the long run 👍

Back
Top Bottom