How much are peachicks worth?

I Bought 4 off of e-bay for a total of $60.00, none of those developed. A friend of mine shipped me 2 from Maryland, one hatched on sunday. I'm not going to complain tho, I love little PJ.

Well, at 2 days of age, these little birds are bouncing around the brooder. I sure am glad I have a screened top on it.

They sure are different than chickens!

How about mixed varieties? All of ours run together and the resulting chicks could be a mix of any of them. We have 3 males...an albino, a silver pied, and a black shoulder pied. Wide variety on the hens.... cameo, oaten, white eyed blue, silver pied, regular pied, black shoulder, and only 1 regular india blue. No matter what the chicks should be colorful once they feather out (or at least split to some other color).

I currently have 6 chicks out of the incubator and more on the way. They are shades of brown, some have white on the wings, and some come out pure white and get brownish feathers as they age. We already have at least 25 adults running around, so I thought I would post some of the chicks for sale locally. I was only asking $20 each and people acted like I was crazy. If I go any lower, I might as well keep them and see how they turn out.

A screen on top is definitely a good idea. I had a week old peachick fly out of one of those huge rubbermaid tubs and was running around my basement this last week. I was lucky that my 10 month old lab puppy didn't get to him before I did. I learned my lesson and dragged in one of my huge dog carriers. They get to live in there til they can go out to the barn.

Your price sound good, you would get better price if you knew what each peachick was, and split to what.

If you have a true albino, i will buy it, check and see if it has pink eyes!!

The ones start white and getting darker are Blackshoulder of some color. (solid wing pattern)

I put up with the peafowl more than anything. I have a huge 50x100' horse barn that they come in. They also have the huge cattle barn to roost in. My family thinks they are 'soo' gorgeous and keeps coming home with every variety that they can get their hands on. They refuse to pen them up so there will never be a way to tell for sure what mated with what or who laid what egg. I just know that if I don't sell off some of these babies we will be overrun with the darn things. I don't have the heart to kill them. I just don't want anymore in there to crap all over my horse trailer and all over the aisles.

I don't think ours has the red eyes. Here's a pic I got of him. Its been raining all week and muddy here.
PICT0259.jpg

Nice peacock, yep just a white. still price for blues start at 20.00. Other colors you can get more. If you post pics, sure we could help tell you what colors, never know what they are split with. Can you ship???

Charcoal BS White eye males, female cheap because they dont lay.

If I get my wish this year hope to hatch out some, eggs in the incubator, yes they are fertile just have to get males.

Another rare one I hope to hatch is Peach silver pied males, have some hatch hoping for males. Very few have been raised at this time.

Well, since the person who evinced interest here has disappeared into the woodwork, is anyone ELSE REALLY interested in these chicks?

They were hatched on the 9th and are doing well.

Back
Top Bottom