How much attention do new chicks need?

JanetR

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 12, 2011
Long Island NY
I am so happy,
celebrate.gif
I picked up my 6 chicks yesterday. They are cozy and happy but I keep them in a bathroom with the door closed and I was wondering how often I should interact with them? I could sit and watch them for hours:love (Don't tell my boss- I work from home
wink.png
)

Well, I would say, the more attention you give them, they more friendly they will be. I don't really think you can give a chick too much attention!
smile.png

I interact with my chicks all day. I will spend hours at a time with them. I have the friendliest chickens I've ever come across. They love to be pet and sit in our laps.
love.gif

The only attention a chick NEEDS is you supplying fresh food and water and cleaning up their brooder. You, on the other hand, as the new chickie mama, needs to supply lots of attention and they need to be in the same room so you don't miss seeing their dust bathing antics, their 'dead' chick act, when they are really just sleeping or sun bathing, chicken yoga, or chic keep away games.
pop.gif
You should probably ask for 'family leave' from work, even though you work from home.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

I had mine in a spare room and went in all day and evening, talked to them, cuddled them, they grew up very friendly and mellow. Never aggressive and easily managed.

Thanks everyone. I have them in the bathroom to keep them warm enough, I visit them many times a day, talk to them and hold each one. When they don't need as much warmth I'll move them into my office. Then I'll never get any work done!
roll.png

I agree..I spend as much time as possible..My DH doesn't understand..but my chicks Love it...and so do I!!! LOL!!! I could have a worse addiction...LOL

Back
Top Bottom