How much can a person take?

CountryMom

Songster
11 Years
Jun 21, 2008
South Texas
Some of you know that my Mom passed away on the 27th of Feb. I spent a long trip up north for funeral and to see family I had not in 20 years. One of which was my Grandpa (Dad's Dad.) He was in bad shape, but loved seeing me and meeting my kids for the first time. Mind you I didn't have a great upbringing and haven't been near family in many years.

So my Dad is trying to hold things together after my Mom passing and has been trying to pick up the pieces so to speak. He lives in TN and I am in TX, so I am not close to help. Well, I get a call Friday evening that my Grandpa has slipped into a coma. He is 90 and battling cancer along with other things so it isn't unexpected. I spoke again with my father Sat morning about 6 am. My Grandpa died a couple hours before then. I am relieved he is at peace and out of pain really. It is a sad time.

I am so worried about my Dad. He is headed back to Illinois to burry his father right next to my Mom. Sometimes you wonder if God really knows how strong a person is cuz he sure has a lot for my Dad to handle. And why does it seem that things major like deaths come in mutiples? I have heard so many people say that is how "so and so" had it also. Please pray for strength.

You and your family are in my prayers.
hugs.gif

Lisa

I too, have had estranged family relations for many years. My father passed on Feb. 3, unexpectedly, due to issues of extreme medical incompetence, (a gall bladder removal when it was a heart attack instead that blood enzyme tests results proved, etc.), and I was forced to make the final decisions about letting him go peacefully as my Mother is emotionally incapable of extending love and care to another human being. My sister and brother are unfortunately very much like her. I was with him the entire last four final days of his life here on earth and all those last, long (but short) seven hours.
I have cried, doubted, grieved, ranted, been riddled with guilt, tossed & turned night after night, fantasized it hadn't really happened, come close to going almost insane, and becoming bitter enough to wish my Mother was the one who had gone instead.
I sought comfort and consolation in Christian books regarding heaven (and there are many great ones out there), deep soul-searching and prayer. God has already healed my heart of many of these emotions & I know He can do it for you, your father and family. Reach out to Him, keep your father in your prayers and stay in close contact if only over the phone if that's all you can manage with your situation right now.
God is faithful to console and comfort us, His peace is beyond understanding, and His ways are perfect. That's where faith comes in...we just must absolutely stand in faith that He is in absolute control of all that happens in our life. The providence of God. Belief in that one sure thing has kept me sane.
I pray for peace for you and yours from this moment on...

Last edited:
Pam,

thoughts are with you. It is a difficult time.

I am sure your dad will meet his challenges, and will get through.

It is good that your grandfather got to see you all when he did.

Just let your dad know you care and I am sure it will help him through.

take care of you too.

we can take so much more than we think, even when it is up to our necks!

we are only given what we can handle, so you must have an awesome calling on your life! and we can do ALL things through Christ.

but that surely doesn't mean you are not hurting inside.
hugs.gif

Lord, Father God, thank You for being all sufficient, our strong tower. Please wrap Pam in your arms. Comfort her and give her the strength to get through this situation with joy. Touch her in every way, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Holy Spirit, move over her and fill her up. I claim the blood of Jesus which has already covered her.
I pray expecting and believing in Christ's name!

hugs.gif

Quote:
as are you. you have blessed us all by sharing. we never know where a person is at, and you may have very well encouraged someone else who is having a rough patch right now.

thank you!
hugs.gif

My condolences for your losses. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Although trying and hard to do alot of the time, remember God wont give us more than we can handle even though it may seem like we have the entire world crashing down upon us. Give it all to Him and ease your heart and mind.

hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom