How much can i sell the Eggs for ? and how long do they last in the refrigerator ?

sandrameissnest

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 16, 2012
hello,
i live in south Florida , i have so many eggs that my family and i cant eat then all.
how long do they last in the refrigerator >
and how much can i sell then for
a docent and a 1/2 a docent?
thanks for your help
Sandra

I would check Craigslist to see what others in your area are charging for farm fresh eggs. If you leave the bloom on the eggs(no washing them) they should last for a few months in the fridge. I don't know for sure, eggs get eaten or sold before that point. You can do a float test on an egg if you aren't sure if it is good or not to eat. Put egg in a mug and fill with cold water. If the egg lays on its side on bottom it is good. If it stands upright but still touches bottom it is ok(needs to be consumed soon though). If it floats, do not eat it, it has an unhealthy amount of bacteria in it.

oh wow ,
thanks i didn't know about the test. thanks so much
i will check craigslist good idea.
thanks again

No problem, I know that at the farmers markets here in the NW with all the hippies that want all natural stuff I can get up to $10/dozen. I sell to my coworkers and friends for way less, about $5/dozen for them.

wow nice,
yeah i just checked on craigslist they go for $5 a dozent- i have to say not to many around me who are selling fresh eggs
i have to buy the cartons for it - i dont have any. i guess it would look bad if i sell them and tell the people to get their own container.lol
do you know where i can get them cheap ?

Farm stores sometimes have them. The Egg Store(BYC sponsor has them). You could offer them $.50 less if they bring their own containers. You could ask coworkers/friends/family to safe them for you. That's what I do.

wow nice,
yeah i just checked on craigslist they go for $5 a dozent- i have to say not to many around me who are selling fresh eggs
i have to buy the cartons for it - i dont have any. i guess it would look bad if i sell them and tell the people to get their own container.lol
do you know where i can get them cheap ?

Ask on a freecycle group, we get most of our egg cartons for free. People at work give them to me as well. I try to fill them up and re-use them, after so many refills they get a free dozen.

Back
Top Bottom