How much did your coop cost?

Quote:
Which one? LOL The first, second, or the next to be built? Coops are a never ending thing unless you have a large poultry barn. The more birds I get, the more coops I have to build.

The first one cost around $200, and the second was only about $50 because I used recycled wood from a friends barn.

You can see more about the size/area on my website.

My chicken coop cost zero dollars. We had an old shed, but it was mostly rotten. We saved what we could, which was about 2 walls. Then we re-built the rest of it using pallets we got for free. The shingles we used on the roof were ones we had laying around.

Our second coop cost about $15. The lumber was free (my in-laws have a sawmill). I bought a mis-tinted gallon of paint for $10, and then we bought hinges for the door. The tin we used on the roof was given to us by a friend.

Ours cost was $242.18, and $70.00 of that was for the paint

100_0001-7.jpg

Quote:
Nope, construction is just a hobby that relaxes me. Some like to hunt or fish.....I like to build. Thanks, I'll consider that a compliment though if it looked professional to you.

This one is almost done....now I gotta find me a new project to do.

Quote:
Oh I gotta show DH this one!!! We are collecting matterials for the next one now...hmmm I said we needed a small one next, but I might change my mind since I think I will be having hatches all winter
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom