How much do a dozen supermarket eggs go for in your area?

I truly can't answer the question, I refuse to buy eggs at a supermarket. I get my eggs from a local farm, where I see the chickens, know how they're raised, and only pay $2.50 a dozen. An absolute bargain!

That is a good price. My mom eats supermarket eggs. She refuses to eat organic because she thinks its like eating there baby. Dont ask why she thinks that but she does

Regular store eggs are $1.88 doz. I hope I don't end up having to buy any, I'm down to six from my girls, and maybe getting one a day.

Milk is about $3.68 gallon for store brand, don't see how it can be much different than name brand. Name brand is about $1 more.

Now Lactaid that I have to dring is about $3.46 for 1/2 gallon, but I don't drink much milk anyways, so that's about 2 weeks worth of milk for me.

Happily
big_smile.png
I haven't had to buy any in a while (go girls!).... but at CHristmas I did have to buy a couple dozen to keep up with the baking. I'm so spoiled now on our eggs that I had to buy the local, organic, free-range ones from the natural-foods store. They were $4.99 dozen, quite a bit more than normal ones. I think that the "cage free" fancy supermarket types are about $3.29 and regular white factory-farmed ones are probably about $2.29.

Depending on the store for a dozen large eggs it is $1-78-1.99. Milk is $2.99 a gallon here. At 8 gallons a week, that adds up! I have seriously thought about getting a jersey.

Here in So Oregon, you can buy eggs in the store for $2. If you have a coupon, you can buy two dozen for the price of one, making them $1 a dozen!
Brown organic eggs at the growers market sell for $3 a dozen though.
Brian

Back
Top Bottom