how much do you charge for your eggs?

i need to start getting eggs, soon if everyone is getting that much for the eggs! that is free money!
big_smile.png

Quote:
It could be-the farmer we used to buy our organic feed from stopped selling to anyone outside of Knox county (we are in Delaware county), and now we have to make due with a "transitional" feed that is more expensive. A friend of mine who sells organic eggs has to charge $4 a dozen to make any kind of profit-and even then it is a very small one. If you are looking for organic eggs then it may just be that the farmers do not have a source for the organic feed, or they are unwilling to pay the $$ for the feed unless they KNOW they have a market for them. It's probably a lot easier to buy the cheaper standard feed, threre's always a market for farm fresh eggs, many people don't care about the organic label.

here in southern delaware, the health food store is selling certified organic eggs for $6.50 which I think is way out there, I am going to sell my organic for $3. I am hoping to get eggs soon about 4 months old now.

Since I am unable to have a dozen just white, or just brown, this is awful mean of me, I think it's just funny though, I sell my eggs for $4 a dozen. I can go 5, but it's not mandatory yet that I raise my prices. I offer people a rainbow of colors, from mint green to olive green, from dark to light brown in every dozen. They think it's cute, and they even save the shells to show thier friends.

Since I am unable to have a dozen just white, or just brown, this is awful mean of me, I think it's just funny though, I sell my eggs for $4 a dozen. I can go 5, but it's not mandatory yet that I raise my prices. I offer people a rainbow of colors, from mint green to olive green, from dark to light brown in every dozen. They think it's cute, and they even save the shells to show thier friends.

Back
Top Bottom