how much do you charge for your eggs?

Hello.. I am new here and to the chicken biz... I have 14 layers.. I was thinking I would sell my eggs 2.50 a doz or 2.25 if they bring me a carton.. I just wormed them last week and waiting a few days for that to get out of their system (not sure how long to wait 4-5 days?) I already have orders for 10 dozen and I haven't started yet.. I love going out and just sitting and watching them. I call it chicken therapy:lol:... Pepper

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

I call it chicken TV. I sell my eggs for $3/doz for large and $3/18 for small-med. I never seem to have enough!

Edit to add: I think you have to wait 2 weeks after worming.

Last edited:
Checked my supermarket yesterday, and they are charging 3.00 per dozen. Wow! 3.00 per dozen healthy fresh eggs from our chickens is a bargain, then.

Sell them, I could not possibly part this my eggs. My family and I eat them all. I feed them Canola, flax, free range, and next year they will start to receive marigolds. All of this plus I only receive 4 eggs/ day from my 4 hens.
EGGS NOT FOR SALE

How much should one charge for eggs, should depend on the added value to your eggs, example, free range (Bugs ext), Omega Eggs (Flax & Canola), Lutien Eggs (Marigolds & Spinach), and the average size.

My opinion
Cooped with layer feed 1.00/ doz
Added Values; Free Range, Omega, or Lutien
One Added Value 3.00/ Doz
Two Added Values 4.00/ Doz
Three Added Values 5.00/ Dozen

Never charge your Daddy

Organic free range brown eggs are going for $4.99 a dozen here at Trader Joes in Pasadena, Ca!
ep.gif
I couldn't believe it! I was totally shocked. I was charging $3.00 a dozen 10 years ago!
fl.gif
I'm not sure what I would charge when my girls start laying!

Back
Top Bottom