How much do you pay for feed??

I pay $32.99 for 50# of feed from Texas Natural Feeds. I feed them the 20% chick starter b/c of Rooster Cogburn (and what seems like a continual batch of new chicks b/c of one broody momma) with oyster shells on the side for the girls. I wish they had a pellet version, or a flock raiser that I could use, but they don't. Lots of dust from the crumble, but I use that to bake them a nice "cake" every now and then. They seem to think it is a treat although it is mainly their feed w/ a little oil, egg and blueberries.
:)

Im switching to all flock and will be paying about $20 a bag of food. But will be supplementing calcium(i cant use oyster shells). Also adding in corn, black sunflower seeds i think and scratch grains.

I pay $32.99 for 50# of feed from Texas Natural Feeds. I feed them the 20% chick starter b/c of Rooster Cogburn (and what seems like a continual batch of new chicks b/c of one broody momma) with oyster shells on the side for the girls. I wish they had a pellet version, or a flock raiser that I could use, but they don't. Lots of dust from the crumble, but I use that to bake them a nice "cake" every now and then. They seem to think it is a treat although it is mainly their feed w/ a little oil, egg and blueberries.
:)
I have the same problem. The stores here don't carry all-flock because it's the 'burbs and few people have roosters. But I have a hen who never lays eggs, and she doesn't need all that calcium. Can you pm the recipe for the cake? I don't want to hijack the thread!

Back
Top Bottom