How much do you sell your eggs for?

I stay steady at $2 per dozen for free range eggs. There are so many people in my area that sell for $3 so I am guaranteed business.
My customers are very loyal
thumbsup.gif

I just got back from the weis store and I seen dark brown free range eggs for 4.29 a dozen so being free range I don't know how much to sell them for again. But I think I will keep the price down for a while until the prices at some of the stores in my area come back up but then they will come back up to 2.00. the silkie breeding pen eggs will be sold for 20-25 a dozen. I am not sureabout my cochins or other breeds yet.

I am from Colorado and I sell my eggs for $4 a dozen and I sell them faster than I can supply them to people. I always get a lot of compliments about the color, freshness and the taste. I have one customer that her daughter has been having allergic reactions to the store bought chicken eggs. She wanted to try mine so I sold her a dozen and she said her kid doesn't have a reaction at all! I was pretty proud!

Last edited:
In my area (NC) free range organic eggs (which is what you sell) go for $3-5/doz. Store eggs are much cheaper, but they sit on the shelf while those sold by individuals sell so fast you better get your order in quick. You are way too low.  Can't compare store bought with yours

Kristy

I have been selling eggs like crazy. My neighbor buys three dozen at a time. And then the rest goes to family and friends for the same price. I have posted that I have eggs forsale on Facebook, and I would like to make a sign for at the end of our road.

I am from Colorado and I sell my eggs for $4 a dozen and I sell them faster than I can supply them to people. I always get a lot of compliments about the color, freshness and the taste. I have one customer that her daughter has been having allergic reactions to the store bought chicken eggs. She wanted to try mine so I sold her a dozen and she said her kid doesn't have a reaction at all! I was pretty proud!

That's great I could never sell them for that much but I am going to maybe bring the price back up to 2:00 but I might wait a bit I just lowered it. But my neighbors think that brown eggs are worth more. So I am going to try and get a few more hens to replace the roosters I just sold to have a few more eggs a day.

Hello everyone, we are in Lakeland Fl. We have 5 red star hens. Latte brown free range with organic free choice layer pellets. Oyster shell free choice. Fresh water daily. Salads with kale corn and fresh fruit 3 times per week. All organic and free choice for the chooks. We gift 1 time to potential customers. Then 4 dollars per dozen. This only covers cost for feed. As well as providing a natural calming effect for my wife's blood pressure.
Hope this helps

Store eggs no matter how they are labeled are nowhere near the quality of fresh eggs from roadside stands, farms or the backyard hobby hen. All that wording means nothing, "all natural" "organic", "free range" "cage free' "humanely raised" means they meet a certain criteria not necessarily what we envision.

Back
Top Bottom