How much does a Silkie need to eat a day? overweight/limp

ForTheLoveOfSilkies

Free Ranging
Aug 18, 2019
Australia
I have a Silkie pullet 10 months old. She is laying. She has a limp and a bent toe (since chick) and doesn't get around much although does scratch in the grass and can move about ok getting to food/ water and up to the coop/ roost. She stands around most of the day apart from some time scratching in the grass but not active like the others probably because of her limp/toe. She is quite heavy compared to all my other Silkies when I carry her she seems overweight.
I have had her in a separate coop for a few months now with another pullet and cockerel (for buddies) that is easier access with steps to get in and out for her.

...So, how much food does a Silkie need daily? I would have to fence her off to make sure she only gets her ration.
Also I do not give her any treats at all, mostly because the others come first. She eats grower feed (since I have a cockerel) and a little grass.

Thanks! :)

What grower are you feeding? Try all flock feed instead.
I have a hen just like that but she is a total tiny runt. Thin and small.

What grower are you feeding? Try all flock feed instead.
I have a hen just like that but she is a total tiny runt. Thin and small.
I haven't seen All flock here. We have starter, grower or layer available here. I have them on grower since I have roosters, with shell on the side. ... My pullet is overweight so I'm just trying to figure out how to get her to get back to a healthy size.

Yeah i see. Well i would give them layer BUT I'm not asking to be argued with. Just my opinion. Hope you manage it.
I was thinking about buying layer but I don't want any bad effects on my roosters :( I could buy a small bag and mix it in with grower? Do you think that could help my pullets weight problem?

Back
Top Bottom